The humanitarian aid organization Médicos del Mundo is the Spanish division of the international network Médecins du Monde/Doctors of the World (MdM). The 15 national members of the network implement domestic and international health care projects, currently almost 388 projects in 80 countries around the world.
MdM provides emergency medical aid in disaster and crisis situations, supports access to health care and, if possible, assists with reconstruction measures. The network is also active in risk reduction and preparedness as well as long-term development co-operations in neglected regions around the world that receive little public attention. MdM ensures that its health services are provided equally to the most vulnerable citizens, refugees, internally displaced people and host communities, regardless of their ethnic, social, religious or political background.
Academic background: Medical Doctor University Degree or Registered Nurse
- Master in International Cooperation and/or Humanitarian Aid
- Public Health Studies
Languages: Very high level of spoken and written English. Arabic and/or Kurdish will be an asset
Computer requirements: user level
The successful candidate must have:
• At least 3 years’ field experience in similar positions.
• Previous experience in emergencies contexts
• Previous experience in armed conflicts and/or Middle East region
• Team coordination experience.
- Excellent organizational capacity
- Excellent planning, management and coordination skills
- Strong communication (written and spoken) and interpersonal skills with experience in managing a diverse team of local employees
- Stress management
- Willing and able to work productively in a challenging environment
- Cultural awareness and adaptability
- Good team work and networking skills
- Strict compliance with the safety protocols established for the country and MdM mission
- Alignment with principles and ethics of Medicos del Mundo
Immediately: until December 31st, 2019 (possible extension)
Medicos del Mundo’s Salary charts
R&R policy applicable
Hazard allowance policy applicable
Minimum Experience: More than 3 years
Minimum studies: bachelor's degree
Academic Status: Completed