Responsible for the management of the Medical Health Care activities and supervision of the MDM programs in NES ensuring the quality of the services - Represent MDM in all health cluster meetings and other stakeholders.
GEOGRAPHICAL SCOPE OF INTERVENTION
The successful candidate will be based in North-East Syria
The successful candidate will be part of the mission team and will report to the NES Coordinator, he/she will have direct technical link with Medical Coordinator in HQ.
- Technical supervision of national medical staff
- Provide technical advice on recruitment of any medical staff, local and expatriate.
- Ensure the proper management of the staff under his/ her supervision according to MdM vision, policies and values.
- Identify priorities for capacity building trainings and facilitate internal trainings on-job trainings for the medical teams and support staff
- Holding technical meetings, briefings and debriefings with the medical team
- Participating to the development of the general strategy on MdM activities with the General Coordinator
- Participates in the development of concept notes and proposals for funding with a very quick turnaround times
- Planning and implementation of the project activities
- Ensure activities are implemented and carryout as a part of the global framework
- Ensure and oversee quality of the activities in the programs. Analysis of medical data received weekly from Medical Supervisors and sharing with the mission and HQs
- Ensure quality Medical Health Care and follow up of protocols according to internationally accepted MdM standards, including control of communicable diseases and rational use of antibiotics
- Participate in health assessments if needed
- Contributes with the Country Coordinator to review and or develop programme strategies and policy documents for the expansion of MDM mission
- Represents Médicos del Mundo for all medical related issues and keeps in touch with officials in mission country, other NGOs, national and international organisations, donors, civil and military authorities.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with all relevant stakeholders in country
- Coordinates medical activities with other NGOs and partners in the same area of intervention
- Communicating with donors and head office upon request by Field Coordinator
Management of medical stock and logistic chain for medical purchase
- Participate in collaboration with logistician of the medicine and medical supply order
- Technical validation of medical purchases
- Ensure the well management and store of the MDM Pharmacy in collaboration with Logistician
Academic background: Medical Doctor University Degree or Registered Nurse
- Master in International Cooperation and/or Humanitarian Aid
- Public Health Studies
Languages: Very high level of spoken and written English. Arabic and/or Kurdish will be an asset
Computer requirements: user level
The successful candidate must have:
• At least 3 years’ field experience in similar positions.
• Previous experience in emergencies contexts
• Previous experience in armed conflicts and/or Middle East region
• Team coordination experience.
- Excellent organizational capacity
- Excellent planning, management and coordination skills
- Strong communication (written and spoken) and interpersonal skills with experience in managing a diverse team of local employees
- Stress management
- Willing and able to work productively in a challenging environment
- Cultural awareness and adaptability
- Good team work and networking skills
- Strict compliance with the safety protocols established for the country and MdM mission
- Alignment with principles and ethics of Medicos del Mundo
Immediately: until December 31st, 2019 (possible extension)
Medicos del Mundo’s Salary charts
R&R policy applicable
Hazard allowance policy applicable