Médecins du Monde (MdM) or Doctors of the World, provides emergency and long-term medical care to the world's most vulnerable people. It also advocates to end health inequities. The network is active in over 70 countries with approximately 320 programs active, in both the developed and developing world.
Supervise the overall field project team in Luhansk region and ensure close collaboration between logistic, medical, mental health and administrative departments and good team spirit.
Ensure smooth implementation of the project in Government Controlled Area (GCA) and Non Government Controlled Area (NGCA), according to project proposal including budget monitoring of activities, coordination with other NGOs and government bodies.
GEOGRAPHICAL SCOPE OF INTERVENTION:
The successful candidate will be based in Severodonetsk (Eastern Ukraine), travelling frequently in the region.
The Field Coordinator reports directly to the Country Coordinator.
• Ensure adequate information flow within the different teams
• Oversee and coordinate the general functioning of the bases and all departments / services
• Create/maintain a “team spirit” within the different departments and amongst the staff
• Ensure good collaboration, mutualisation, coordination and analysis with other projects if needed
• Provide good working conditions for all team members
• Train/Accompany the direct team members in their duty
• Good planning and implementation, create tools for use by whole team, support team communication, efficiency and effectiveness with tasks
• Ensure the implementation of the program in Luhansk oblast GCA and its follow-up in its different aspects: logistical, administrative and activities.
• Continuously assess the needs & adjust the programmes to the needs in collaboration with the coordination team.
• Contribute to the definition / revision of MDM strategy in Ukraine, draw up scenarios and proposals, and support the budget creation/revision for future/new activities in collaboration with the coordination team and relevant departments
• Ensure familiarity with donors compliance issues, ensuring all projects are acquiescent with these and MdM procedures
• Ensure appropriate administrative, financial and logistical MdM systems/procedures are in place (with AdminCo and LogCo support), maintained and adhered to so that all support functions are carried out effectively and efficiently
• Ensure regular communications are maintained between the different departments and act as a mediator when necessary.
• Responsible for accurate budget control and financial forecasts at the project site in line with project proposals
• Monitor expenditure and budget compliance on a regular basis, report any concerns to the Administrative Coordinator and develop plans to mitigate any under or over expenditure at project level.
• Ensure, in coordination with the Administrative and Finance Coordinator that financial needs are well planned according to activities workplan
• Ensure team security and safety and compliance with security regulations for the staff under her/his own responsibility
• Assess continuously the humanitarian and security situation in the field and timely inform the general coordinator.
Human Resource Management
• To be responsible for the well-being of all team members; conduct regular team building activities.
• Where relevant, contribute to recruitment and selection of staff
• Responsible for the disciplinary and grievance procedures of the national team under his/her line management
• Maintain good inter-team communications, engender good team dynamics, and take suitable action when problems occur
• Support team members professionally and monitor and support stress management, including regular documented team meetings for planning and reporting purposes
• Carry out appraisals as per MdM standard requirements and procedures
• Ensure all new team members are adequately briefed on arrival in the field, and departing team members are debriefed
• Responsible for capacity building and training of national personnel in collaboration with all technical coordinators (MedCo, MHCo, AdvCo, AdminCo, and LogCo)
• Carry out representation with other NGOs, UN agencies, local government bodies, donors and other relevant parties with the agreement of the General Coordinator
• Participate on a regular basis to all relevant meetings and be collaborative and build a strong relationship with all partners working in the area. Report to General Coordinator
• When relevant and with the General Coordinator approval, represent MdM to donors, authorities, NGOs and other parties as necessary.
Safety and Security Management
• Make sure the team security and safety is ensured in accordance with MDM security plan & rules
• Ensure security surveillance in a highly changeable and volatile environment in collaboration with the coordination team and report to the General Coordinator.
• Proactively monitor the political, military and security situation in the project areas and update the Logistic Coordinator / General Coordinator accordingly.
• Ensure that appropriate security guidelines are developed, communicated, adhered to, and regularly reviewed with the Logistic Coordinator / General Coordinator accordingly.
• Ensure timely and accurate security / incident reports are sent to the Logistic Coordinator / General Coordinator.
Medicos del Mundo’s Salary charts
Academic: University degree or diploma.
Masters in International Cooperation / Public Health / Humanitarian Aid is desirable.
Other: Project Management and Human Resources
Language requirements: Fluent English (written and spoken). An important asset: Russian/Ukrainian.
Computer requirements: Office Package.
• Experience with an international NGO working in emergency contexts, managing programmes, preferably within the health sector
• Previous experience of project planning and budget holding; proposal and report writing.
• Knowledge and understanding of project management tools (Logical Framework analysis, project cycle management, objectives and indicators etc.)
• Strong leadership skills and a supportive management style (experience managing staff)
• Experience of security management at the field site level
• Confident and proficient in the use of MS Office
• Ability to work under a minimum of supervision
• Reactivity, anticipation, adaptability, capacity to take initiatives
• Strong problem solving and organisational skills in day to day and crisis situations
• Strong communication (written and spoken) and interpersonal skills with experience in managing a diverse team
• Team spirit and networking skills
• Cultural awareness and adaptability
• Strict compliance with the safety protocols established for the country and MdM mission
• Alignment with principles and ethics of Medicos del Mundo
• Identification with the lines of work, values and mission of Médicos del Mundo