Medical Coordinator (m/f/d)
Medizinischer Koordinator Ukraine
Medical Coordinator (m/f/d)
Médecins Du Monde is a network of 16 humanitarian Non-Governmental organizations, working in health and medical aid in domestic and international projects and advocating for a universal access and rights to health services.
MdM provides emergency medical aid in disaster and crisis situations, supports access to health care and, if possible, assists with reconstruction measures. The network is also active in risk reduction and preparedness as well as long-term development co-operations in neglected regions around the world that receive little public attention. MdM ensures that its health services are provided equally to the most vulnerable citizens, refugees, internally displaced people and host communities, regardless of their ethnic, social, religious or political background.
MdM has been operating in Eastern Ukraine since 2015, targeting the most vulnerable communities and people affected by the ongoing conflict by improving access and quality of health care services for the population in Luhansk and Donetsk Oblast. MdM maintains a coordination office in Kiev and field offices in Severodonetsk (Luhansk Oblast) and Bakhmut (Donetsk Oblast).
The Medical Coordinator is responsible for the management of the Medical Health Care activities and supervision of the MDM programs ensuring the quality of the services delivered by MDM medical teams.
GEOGRAPHICAL SCOPE OF INTERVENTION
The successful candidate will be based 50% in Kiev and 50% on the field (Luhansk and Donetsk regions).
The successful candidate will be part of the mission coordination team and will report to the General Coordinator, he/she will have direct technical link with Medical Referent in HQs Madrid.
1. Program Management
- To participate to the development of the general strategy on MdM activities with the Coordination team, with particular focus on the technical aspects of the strategy
- To ensure that different components of the program are consistent and in link with medical needs and international and national standards
- To develop and implement evaluation systems of various components of medical interventions, supervise and monitor data collection processes, and analyse the medical data on a regular basis and set up corrective measures in case of need in coordination with the General Coordinator and HQ Technical Referent
- To coordinate overall implementation strategy of medical activities throughout the mission and ensure validation of all related documentations/approaches/modalities (capacity building and awareness raising component, outreach operations, reporting templates, pharmacy management etc...)
2. Technical Support and coaching of medical management staff
- To participate in the recruitment of all local medical staff for the activities and programs
- To develop training curriculum for MdM medical team, ensure proper implementation and monitoring training activities of the MdM and partners’ medical staff and/or to provide technical support to partner organizations in development of curriculum of trainings
- To support local partners’ medical team on technical and organizational matters upon identified needs
- To ensure regular technical support to MdM medical team, operating in the fields
- To support MdM mission in Ukraine for the elaboration and regular update of the Team Health Guidelines and procedures including the Standard Operating Procedures, intervention design and modalities, health structures’ mapping, referal health facilities, medical evacuation plans and medical files management
- To support finance department and Field Coordinators on the elaboration and follow-up of the programme’s budget
- To support with medical technical inputs for the opening of new programs
- To supervise and coordinate implementation of MdM’s health donation activities for the whole mission in Ukraine
- To provide technical expertise and guarantee quality, appropriateness and effectiveness of donations
- To ensure relevance and timeliness of the medical activities in Non-Government Controlled Areas
- To support the health team with instruments and methodology on health needs assessment and on monitoring of health activities
- To support development of MdM country advocacy strategy with technical advises on Health to ensure relevance of health messages on national & international levels and the Health reform currently implemented in Ukraine
- To act as focal point for Health activities within a Consortium of international and national NGOs
- To identify and assess capacity building needs for MdM health staff
3. Coordination and representation
- To participate in different medical meetings and health clusters events
- To ensure close coordination and information sharing with local and international health stakeholders and relevant actors
- To support the General Coordinator/coordination team in evaluation and technical analysis of needs and requests coming from MdM counterparts
4. Management of medical stock and logistic chain for medical purchase in collaboration with logistic department
- To ensure medical activities have needed equipment, material & medications to be fully operational
- To support the medical purchase process in terms of quality and appropriateness check-up
- To ensure quality of the products through technical analysis of the medical equipment, material & medications conducted during the procurement process
- To supervise the pharmacy activities in terms of quality of storage conditions in collaboration with Logistics department and management (consumptions, orders & inventory)
- Provide regular reporting on health, activities to line manager upon solicitation (coordination meeting, workshop meeting, etc.)
- Contribute to donor reports and proposals, monthly situation report (SITREP), as well as the Medical Quarterly Reports, by providing relevant data, analysis, and technical inputs related to health activities (consolidation of information from mobile teams and partners)
- Provide the desk officer with a mission report and/or handover document at the end of contract
Academic background: Medical Doctor University Degree
- Master in International Cooperation and/or Humanitarian Aid
- Public Health Studies
Language requirements: English: fluent speaking and writing. Strong asset: Russian and/or Ukrainian
Computer requirements: Fair knowledge of Windows environment (MS Word, MS Excel, PPT)
- At least 3 years’ field experience in similar positions
- Previous experience in emergencies contexts
- Knowledge of public health issues
- Experience as international team manager
- Experience in hard negotiations with local authorities, partners and staff
- Ability to have a global overview of a program (not only on medical plan)
- Excellent planning, managerial and coordination skills
- Strong communication (written and spoken) and interpersonal skills with experience in managing diverse teams
- Stress management
- Willing and able to work productively in a challenging environment
- Cultural awareness and adaptability
- Good team work and networking skills
- Strict compliance with the safety protocols established for the country and MdM mission
- Alignment with principles and ethics of Medicos del Mundo
- Ability to take quick decisions according to the context in coordination with the team
Immediately: 8 months (with possible extension)
Medicos del Mundo’s Salary charts.
Applicants must send CV at follow e-mail address included the REFERENCE description noted below:
Every application unanswered within 15 days after deadline must be considered disregarded.
Please send your application here.
Médicos del Mundo
ATT: Desarrollo de Personas C/ Conde de Vilches, 15 28028 Madrid
Médicos del Mundo promotes equal opportunities for all people. We establish positive action measures for those who, due to functional diversity or social and / or cultural factors, belong to under-represented groups in the positions offered.
As a result, no candidate with a valid profile for this position will be rejected because of a functional diversity or for reasons of birth, ethnicity, race, sex, gender or any other personal, social or cultural condition.