Health Manager (M/F/D)
Konsultant für medizinsches Projekt in Ukraine
Health Manager (M/F/D)
The humanitarian aid organization Ärzte der Welt e. V. is the German division of the international network Médecins du Monde/Doctors of the World (MdM). The 16 national members of the network implement domestic and international health care projects, currently almost 340 projects in 75 countries around the world.
MdM provides emergency medical aid in disaster and crisis situations, supports access to health care and, if possible, assists with reconstruction measures. The network is also active in risk reduction and preparedness as well as long-term development co-operations in neglected regions around the world that receive little public attention. MdM ensures that its health services are provided equally to the most vulnerable citizens, refugees, internally displaced people and host communities, regardless of their ethnic, social, religious or political background.
MdM has been operating in Eastern Ukraine since 2015, targeting the most vulnerable communities and people affected by the ongoing conflict by improving access and quality of health care services for the population in Luhansk and Donetsk Oblast. MdM maintains a coordination office in Kiev and field offices in Severodonetsk (Luhansk Oblast) and Kramatork/Bakhmut (Donetsk Oblast).
To support the field team in Donetsk Oblast, MdM is looking for a Health Manager (national or international), based in Kramatorsk/Bakhmut (Donetsk Oblast). Under the direct supervision of the Field Coordinator and technical guidance of the Medical Coordinator, the Health Manager contributes to the design and implementation of MdM’s activities in Donetsk Oblast.
- Provide technical support to the Field Coordinator in implementing the ongoing medical activities and contribute to the further development of the programme in coordination with the Medical Coordinator and the Mental Health Coordinator.
- To provide supervision and technical support to the Health Officers on their daily tasks and ensure effective and efficient implementation of the planned activities.
- To ensure effective start-up, implementation and follow-up of the MdM operations in the non-government controlled area of Donetsk Oblast.
- Support, coach and mentor the medical staff to ensure effective and efficient implementation of the activities.
- Draft project-related guidance and standard operating procedures to ensure that planned interventions are structured and alligned with international and MdM standards.
- Contribute to the development of proposals and reports as well as organizational strategies and approaches.
- Support the implementation of MdM’s MEAL system and contribute to the further development.
- Analyse medical data collected by the health team, ensure timely and quality reporting and suggest – if necessary – adjustments to the Field Coordinator and Medical Coordinator.
- Provide assistance and capacity building for the medical staff of the public health system in the raion.
- Represent MdM and maintain good relationships with local communities, local authorities and international and national organisations represented in Donetsk Oblast
HIERARCHICAL & FUNCTIONAL LINKS
The Health Manager reports directly to the Field Coordinator and receives technical supervision by the Medical Coordinator. S/he directly manages the medical team in Donetsk Oblast (GCA).
YOUR PROFESSIONAL PROFILE
- Public health or health professional with clinical health background,
- At least 3 years working experience with a NGO working in emergency contexts,
- Knowledge of public health issues and project cycle management
- Expierence in outbreak management and emergency response especially on non-communicable diseases
- Expierence in negotiating with local authorities
- Knowledge of Ukrainian policy and national guidelies is a strong assett,
- Fluency in English (written and verbaly). Ukrainian/Russian are strong assets,
- Confident and proficient in the use of MS Office.
YOUR PERSONAL PROFILE
Capacity to live and work in challenging conditions (proximity to an armed conflict),
High level of mental and physical resilience and ability to cope with a high level of workload,
Capacity to take initiatives and ability to take quick decisions,
Ability to analyze and write strategic documents in English,
Strong communication (written and spoken) and interpersonal skills including the ability to effectively motivate people and to diplomatically manage the relationship with local partners and different authorities
You are comitted to MdM’s values.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Starting date: as soon as possible
Length of the contract: 12 months with possibility to extend
Duty station: Kramatorsk or Bakhmut with visits to other field locations.
Salary: according to qualification and experience and MdM Germany’s terms and conditions
For questions regarding the post, please contact Julia Brunner
+49 (0)89 45 23 081 297
Please send your application to:
Further information about our data protection guidelines for applications can be found here.