Network Advocacy Coordinator (f/m/d)
Network Advocacy Coordinator (f/m/d)
The humanitarian aid organization Ärzte der Welt e. V. is the German division of the international network Médecins du Monde/Doctors of the World (MdM). Founded in France in 1980, MdM’s international network today comprises 16 associations (Argentina, Belgium, Canada, France, Germany, Greece, Japan, Luxemburg, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, UK, USA).
Through our 355 innovative medical programmes and evidence-based advocacy initiatives, we enable excluded individuals and their communities to access health and fight for universal access to healthcare. More than 3,000 volunteers work in our programmes in 80 countries throughout the world. We share skills and conduct training locally so that communities stay strong in the long term.
We also strive to give a voice to the most marginalised, advocating for the right to health and reporting on violence, injustice and unmet health needs wherever we encounter them.
Our vision is a world in which barriers to health have been overcome and the right to health has been achieved.
Activities at network level are coordinated by various governance bodies assisted by a team of network coordinators, who are based in different countries depending on the location of the body they support. The Network Executive Committee consists of four Steering Groups (SGs): Operations, Global Voice, Governance, Resources and Growth. Each SG is composed of communities of experts from the respective activity areas. Each community is supported by a coordinator.
By supporting the Network Advocacy Community and the Global Voice Steering Group, the Network Advocacy Coordinator ensures that MdM speaks clearly and with one voice when advocating that health policies at national, regional and international level be geared to realising the human right to health.
The Network Advocacy Coordinator
- organises network discussions and coordinates positioning on the three main topics chosen for the next two years: Universal Health Coverage, Climate Change and Health, and Access to Medicines
- facilitates the work of the Network Advocacy Community (16 members) in implementing the work plan for the three topics
- promotes the exchange of information and lessons learned between the network members
- coordinates the production of joint position documents by the various associations and governance levels in the network
- monitors political developments relating to network topics at international level and initiates corresponding action in the network
- coordinates MdM’s participation in international networks and events
- ensures sound knowledge management in the area of network advocacy
Your professional Profile
- University degree or equivalent qualification in public health, political science, sociology or a related field
- Familiar with NGO work, preferably with focus on the health sector
- Experience in network coordination
- Professional application of facilitation methods
- Proficient in English and German; French and Spanish an asset
Your personal profile
- Excellent writing skills
- Teamworking – dedicated to bringing people together
- Intercultural sensitivity, interpersonal and diplomatic skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- You are committed to social change and can strongly identify with the mission and values of MdM.
Conditions of Employment
- Starting date: asap
- Two years contract with option to renew
- Based in Munich, Germany (Berlin negotiable)
- Possibility to work part-time,
- Compatibility of family and career through flexible working hours,
- Competitive salary in the NGO sector.
Please send us your application documents as a single PDF file consisting of:
- Letter of motivation incl. salary expectations and earliest starting date
- Curriculum vitae
- Job references
via E-Mail to Brigitte Geißinger, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Diversity is important to us! We are committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications that expand the diversity of our team.
For information regarding how we process applicant data, please visit: www.aerztederwelt.org/bewerberdaten