Logistic Support Coordinator (Short-Term)
Logistic Support Coordinator (Short-Term)
Ärzte der Welt / Doctors of the World / Médecins Du Monde is a network of 16 humanitarian Non-Governmental organizations, working in health and medical aid in domestic and international projects. The focus lies on ensuring access to primary healthcare services, SRH / MCH services (incl. GBV) and psychosocial support. Furthermore, MdM is advocating for a universal access and rights to health services, especially for disadvantaged groups and people affected by crises and conflicts.
MdM has been working in Ethiopia since 1986, implementing different types of programmes from long-term interventions to emergency response. The current project in the Somali region by MdM Germany is aiming to improve the access to and the quality of health care services (with a focus on sexual and reproductive health) and prevention of epidemics (incl. Covid-19) for the conflict and crisis affected population in two areas of the Region (Gerbo, Nogob Zone / Qoloji IDP Camp/ Fafaan Zone). Particular attention will be paid to the needs of women and girls by improving the access to SRH services, including GBV. Nutrition and WASH are integrated in this multi-sectoral approach and carried out by the local organisation OWDA (Organisation for Welfare and Development in Action).
Strengthen and streamline core logistics functions at the MdM Ge Jijiga Field Office in the Somali Region, Ethiopia. Perform the role of technical adviser: defines/adapts, implements and follows-up the logistical and procurement activities required to achieve general objectives, in close collaboration with the Field Coordinator and the Logistic Staff.
Assignment during this period could include some broad tasks based on the context and might require travels to Addis Ababa on short notice and visits to the project sites in Somali region.
The Logistics Coordinator reports to the Field Coordinator.
Responsibilities and Key Tasks
- Supply Chain
- Coordinate and conduct a detailed market assessment for essential program commodities and service providers
- Facilitate procurement of service providers in Jijiga, Frame Work of Agreements and or contracts with key service providers
- Work with the Somali Region program team to generate multiyear (2021 -2024) procurement plans for the project
- Establish and streamline procurement filing system for the Jijiga Field Office /Somali Region.
- Review the warehousing conditions for the Somali Region, make recommendations and implement some of the proposed corrective actions
- Review the current documentation and reporting levels of the warehouses/stores
- Review the current fleet situation in the Somali Region, assess fuel consumption and tracking and modify/strengthen the reporting system
- Assess the safety levels and practices of the current fleet and crew
- Safety and Security
- Contribute to and enforce the safety and security measures being observed in the Somali Region during this assignment
- Other duties
- Undertake other duties as may be requested by the Line Manager
- Extensive working experience (minimum 5 years) in logistics and security
- Comprehensive knowledge of the different elements of the supply chain in humanitarian/development contexts.
- Previous logistics operations experience medium and large humanitarian settings
- All round experience in all the key components of logistics operations highlighted above
- Experience in conflict affected and or disaster prone settings
- Ability to meet key deadlines and deliver quality reports in short period of time
- Background training on safety and security matters an asset
- Fluent in English: spoken and written
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Starting date: as soon as possible
Length of the contract: three months with possible extension of 1 month
Location: Jijiga Field Office with occasional travels to Addis Ababa and project sites
Salary: according to qualification and experience and MdM Germany’s terms and conditions
For questions regarding the post, please contact Mariam Yanssen-Jousaf
+49 (0)89 45 23 081 19
Please send your application to:
We care about diversity! We are committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications that broaden the diversity of our team.
Further information about our data protection guidelines for applications can be found here.