Log Manager for Donetsk, Dnipropetrovsk and Vinnytsia Regions
Log Manager for Donetsk, Dnipropetrovsk and Vinnytsia Regions – Ukraine, Dnipro
Log Manager for Donetsk, Dnipropetrovsk and Vinnytsia Regions
The humanitarian aid organization Ärzte der Welt e. V. is the German division of the international network Médecins du Monde/Doctors of the World (MdM). The 17 national members of the network implement domestic and international health care projects, currently almost 340 projects in 75 countries around the world.
MdM provides emergency medical aid in disaster and crisis situations, supports access to health care and, if possible, assists with reconstruction measures. The network is also active in risk reduction and preparedness as well as long-term development co-operations in neglected regions around the world that receive little public attention. MdM ensures that its health services are provided equally to the most vulnerable citizens, refugees, internally displaced people and host communities, regardless of their ethnic, social, religious or political background.
MdM has been operating in Eastern Ukraine since 2015, targeting the most vulnerable communities and people affected by the ongoing conflict by improving access and quality of health care services for the population in Luhansk Oblast and Donetsk Oblast. Since the Russian invasion in February 2022 MdM has restructured its setting in Ukraine and adjusted the programme accordingly. Currently MdM maintains a coordination office in Chernivtsi (before the war it was in Kiev) and a field office in Dnipro. The former field offices in Severodonetsk (Luhansk Oblast) and Bakhmut (Donetsk Oblast) are currently closed. The emergency response in Ukraine is currently implemented around two main components: direct delivery of services through multidisciplinary mobile units (including PHC, SRH, MHPSS and support to GBV survivors) to IDPs and strengthening the local health system through distribution of medicines and medical supplies to several hospitals and primary health care facilities.
In support of our work in Donetsk Oblast and Dnipropetrovsk Oblast, MdM Germany is looking for an experienced Logistics Manager (national or international) based in Dnipro with field visit to Vinnytsia and possible trips to other locations within Ukrainian government-controlled areas. The Logistics Manager is responsible for the management and strengthening of the national logistics department of MdM Germany in Ukraine.
Leading the Logistics Department of the organization’s program in Dnipropetrovsk, Vinnytsia and Donetsk Oblast will include managing and supervising the full supply chain at local level and supporting it at international level, including the forwarding of goods to other oblasts, the local procurement, the warehouse management, the fleet management and transportation, and all other technical support needed such IT, construction and rehabilitation, telecommunications, maintenance of MdM Germany’ premises and infrastructures, etc. while managing the HR team under his/her supervision and in accordance with MdM policies and procedures, relevant donor requirements, and in the spirit of obtaining best Value for Money.
- Provide leadership and oversight to all aspects of the logistics department, including fleet and premises management, procurement management, warehouse, IT and asset/inventory management.
- Ensure that MdM policies and minimum standards as well as donor requirements are effectively applied and integrated into all logistical systems, structures and procedures.
- Supervise all logistics staff in the Field Office in Dnipro and Vinnytsia and oversee the development and reinforcement of MdM logistics structure in Dnipro including job descriptions, recruitment & induction, performance management, mentoring, and capacity building.
- Be acquainted with all the Mission Supply Chain setup, objectives and planning, and support and supervise the management of the reception, storage and forwarding of all received or locally procured goods.
- Ensure that MdM procurement policies and procedures are utilized consistently throughout all stages of the procurement process, and that the agreed standards on efficiency, quality, and timeliness are maintained.
- Oversee stock management: develop and maintain effective warehouse/delivery management systems.
- Ensure that communication, transport and other systems are strengthened to maintain appropriate safety & security for all staff, visitors, vehicles, and facilities in coordination with MdM standards and policies.
- Participate in development, review, implementation, diffusion and monitoring of MdM’s security measures in-country.
- In close coordination with the Field Coordinator represent MdM Germany among other organisations at local level.
- Ensure reporting is done according to MdM and donor Guidelines.
- Comply with all policies and procedures for MdM with respect to ethical code of conduct, fraud, equal opportunities, and other relevant policies.
Hierarchical & Functional links
The Logistics Manager will develop his/her job under the direct supervision of the Field Coordinator.
Your professional Profile
- Two-years’ higher education qualification in logistic management or any related field,
- Minimum 5 years of professional expierence in relevant positions,
- Expierence in a emergency response context,
- Strong expierence in supply chain management and security management. Expierence in supply chain management within the humanitarian sector is an asset,
- Demonstrable ability to manage a team and work in an international setting,
- Fluency in English (written and verbaly). Ukrainian/Russian and/or German are strong assets,
- Confident and proficient in the use of MS Office.
Your personal profile
- Capacity to live and work in challenging conditions,
- High level of mental and physical resilience and ability to cope with a high level of workload,
- Strong problem solving and organisational skills in day to day and crisis situations,
- Ability to classify and to manage priorities and adaptability to changing priorities,
- Strong communication (written and spoken) and ability to communicate effectively with informants and contacts from widely-varied organizations and agencies,
- Ability to take effective decisions according to the context,
- You are comitted to MdM’s values.
Conditions of empolyment
- Starting date: as soon as possible
- Length of the contract: 6 months with possibility to extend
- Duty station: Dnipro with regular field visits to Vinnytsia with possible trips to other locations within Ukrainian Government controlled and non-controlled area.
- Salary: according to qualification and experience and MdM Germany’s terms and conditions
Please send your application using the following Link
MdM promotes equal opportunities for all people. We establish positive action measures for those who, due to functional diversity or social and / or cultural exclusion, belong to under-represented groups in the positions offered.
For questions regarding the post, please contact Alexandra Kaiser: