Administrative Manager for Ukraine
Administrative Manager for Ukraine
Administrative Manager for Ukraine
The humanitarian aid organization Ärzte der Welt e. V. is the German division of the international network Médecins du Monde/Doctors of the World (MdM). The 17 national members of the network implement domestic and international health care projects, currently almost 340 projects in 75 countries around the world.
MdM provides emergency medical aid in disaster and crisis situations, supports access to health care and, if possible, assists with reconstruction measures. The network is also active in risk reduction and preparedness as well as long-term development co-operations in neglected regions around the world that receive little public attention. MdM ensures that its health services are provided equally to the most vulnerable citizens, refugees, internally displaced people and host communities, regardless of their ethnic, social, religious or political background.
MdM has been operating in Eastern Ukraine since 2015, targeting the most vulnerable communities and people affected by the ongoing conflict by improving access and quality of health care services for the population in Luhansk Oblast and Donetsk Oblast.
Since the Russian invasion in February 2022 MdM has restructured its setting in Ukraine and adjusted the programme accordingly. Currently four MdM chapters are active in Ukraine (MdM Spain (network lead), MdM France, MdM Greece and MdM Germany). The MdM network maintains a coordination office in Kiev and each MdM chapter manages field offices in its geographical areas. MdM Germany’s programme is covering the Oblasts Donetsk, Dnipropetrovsk and Vinnytsia with field offices in Dnipro and Vinnytsia. The emergency response in Ukraine is currently implemented around two main components: direct delivery of services through multidisciplinary mobile units (including PHC, SRH and MHPSS) to IDPs and strengthening the local health system through distribution of medicines and medical supplies to several health care facilities, rehabilitation of health care facilities as well as targeted capacity building measures.
In support of our work in Donetsk Oblast, Dnipropetrovsk and Vinnytsia Oblast, MdM Germany is looking for an experienced Administrative Manager to be based in Dnipro.
We search for
The Administrative Manager is responsible for the overall Financial, HR and Administrative Management in the country of operations as per MdM, donors and legal requirements. He/she will lead and manage the financial, HR and administrative department and strengthen it by updating and ensuring adequate implementation of policies, procedures and tools.
CASH FLOW MANAGEMENT AND MONTHLY ACCOUNTANCY
- Responsible for the accountancy of all sites: quality of documents, respect of procedures, accounting & donor allocation. Coordinates recording of all bank and cash movements in the mission within the accounting system (WINPACCS), review and support corrections of the entries, reconciliation of unsettled items.
- Responsible for the monthly/yearly accountancy closure and links with the HQ financial department.
- Estimate the needs for funds and submit fund requests to HQ.
- Responsible for the cash provision between the different programs/bases.
- Organize and supervise all aspects of cash flow including security of cash, ensures sufficient separation of responsibility and level of control over transactions.
- Supervise the archiving of the accounting documents in the field and its transmission to the HQ.
- Prepare forecasts, estimations, and reports for the budget follow-up on a monthly basis: forecast and actual expenses monitoring according to annual reference budget and financing plan.
- Prepare reports for budgets analysis (check over/under consumption) for project management decisions for Coordination team.
- Prepare annual and donor budgets in coordination with the team and HQ Program Administrator.
- Prepare financial reports for donors.
- Ensure preparation of external or internal audit.
- Ensure compliance with all local legal requirements.
- Coordinate and validate the recruitment processes of the national staff.
- Ensure the application of internal regulations and national personnel employment terms and conditions of engagement.
- Ensure that the general HR administration procedures, policy for social security and health coverage for national staff are in place.
- Supervise, coordinate and control salary payments.
- Supervise process of obtaining (renewal) visa, TRP and registration in Ukraine for international staff.
- Lead the staff review process and update of the organigramme of the mission.
- Ensure partners compliance with donors’ regulations on financial management, check financial reports.
- Ensure proper archive of partners financial documents.
- Support and train partners finance focal persons on donor rules and regulations.
LEADERSHIP AND TEAM MANAGEMENT
- Supervise and lead the team, fix objectives, and carry out performance assessments, provide professional coaching if necessary.
- Oversee the team's career development: define training needs and provide guidance on professional development.
LEGAL AND ADMINISTRATIVE MANAGEMENT
- Supervise the preparation of the various contracts (rental contracts, service providers...).
- Facilitate the link between MdM Germany and the registration authorities.
- Anticipate and ensure renewal of all administrative agreements, permits, authorizations, and privileges granted to MdM Germany by the various authorities.
Hierarchical & Functional links
The Administrator Manager reports directly to the General Coordinator in Dnipro. S/he manages an admin team of 4 local staff members in Dnipropetrovsk and Vinnytsia Oblast. S/he has the direct communication line with the Programme Administrator in HQ.
Your professional Profile
- Higher education in finance, in business administration or related field
- At least three years expierence at a senior management level with demonstrable ability to lead a team on a complex environment,
- Substantial technical experiences (minimum 2-3 years) in a similar position
- Expierence in working with public donors like German (GFFO, BMZ, GIZ) and international donors (ECHO, CBPF), is an asset
- Experience in developing partnerships and working with local partners regarding administrative support is an asset
- Fluency in English (written and verbaly) and advanced Ukrainian/Russian is needed
- Confident and proficient in the use of MS Office, especially in excel.
Your personal profile
- Capacity to live and work in challenging conditions,
- High level of mental and physical resilience and ability to cope with a high level of workload,
- Strong leadership, people management and mentoring skills
- Excellent organizational and planing capacity.
- Strong communication (written and spoken) and interpersonal skills.
- Good team work and networking skills.
- You are comitted to MdM’s values.
Conditions of employment / What we offer
- Starting date: as soon as possible
- Length of the contract: 12 months with possibility to extend
- Duty station: Dnipro with visits to other field locations.
- Salary: according to MdM Germany’s terms and conditions
- An exciting and challenging job in an internationally recognised non-profit organisation where you can make a difference.
- A collegial and professional team and excellent support from HQ
- A creative environment with room for new ideas and possible development in the position
- Cooperation with our colleagues in the internationally recognised MdM network.
Please apply via our application tool.
For questions regarding the post, please contact Julia Brunner firstname.lastname@example.org
+49 (0)89 45 23 081 297
Our aim as an organisation is to reflect the diversity of the people we support. We therefore explicitly encourage people with a migration history, people of colour, people with disabilities and people of all ages, genders, sexual identities and ethnic or social backgrounds to apply.